The Manhattan district attorney says he will re-try Pedro Hernandez in connection with the murder of Etan Patz. Earlier this month, jurors said they were hopelessly deadlocked on whether Pedro Hernandez killed 6-year-old Etan in 1979. The judge declared a mistrial and sent them home for good. Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. talked about the situation on MSNBC's "The Cycle." "I think the evidence put in by our prosecutors was compelling and it was clear," Vance said. "It is a challenging case. I've never said otherwise. But it's a case that we believe should be prosecuted. That's why we did. And in our system, it happens from time to time that jurors cannot be unaniamous, and this was one of those cases." Vance says he will officially announce the retrial on June 10.
Three good bills in CrimJur committee Monday
59 minutes ago