Saturday, May 14, 2016

Bulletin: Ben Butler: UK; Accused of battering his 6-year-old daughter to death; On-going trial; Daily Star reports in an article headed -"Ellie Butler murder: Dad accused of killing daughter brands experts 'a f****** disgrace" - that Butler testified he has had an "unfair trial" previously - and that he is "having an unfair trial now." ..."Referring to the quashing of his conviction, the former car part salesman said: "Make no mistake about it. It's been slammed by High Court judges, the way the trial was conducted. "I was unfairly convicted in my opinion. I had an unfair trial... I'm having an unfair trial now." Butler added: "Firstly, I was charged with murdering my daughter but we are actually trying me for arguing with my wife. "Secondly, you have got corrupt experts coming here giving expert opinion when they have already been used in a trial before, so they can't be impartial — completely biased and in every respect corrupt. "We have lost evidence that we would be able to prove there was more wrong with our daughter." Reporter Bradley Jolly;


"Ben Butler, 36, is accused of killing young Ellie Butler in an outburst of uncontrollable rage at their home.  He is said to have bullied partner Jennie Gray, 36, into covering up the murder after their daughter suffered catastrophic head injuries on October 28, 2013, at their house in Sutton, southwest London. A court heard unemployed Butler had “nasty rows” with Gray and the couple didn’t sleep in the same room in early 2013. The former car part salesman was previously convicted of assaulting Ellie after she was taken to hospital with serious head injuries in 2007 when she was just six-weeks-old. But the conviction was quashed in 2010. And the dad claimed today he is not getting a fair murder trial at The Old Bailey and launched a foul-mouthed tirade against he justice system. Referring to the quashing of his conviction, the former car part salesman said: "Make no mistake about it. It's been slammed by High Court judges, the way the trial was conducted. "I was unfairly convicted in my opinion. I had an unfair trial... I'm having an unfair trial now." Butler added: "Firstly, I was charged with murdering my daughter but we are actually trying me for arguing with my wife. "Secondly, you have got corrupt experts coming here giving expert opinion when they have already been used in a trial before, so they can't be impartial — completely biased and in every respect corrupt. "We have lost evidence that we would be able to prove there was more wrong with our daughter."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/515302/Ellie-Butler-trial-murder-dad-accused-killing-daughter-experts-disgrace-London