Q. Dr. West, I see that you have no documents with you; is that right?
A. Yes.
Q. Did you look for any documents before you came here today?
A. No.
Q. Did you do anything to prepare for this deposition at all?
A. No.
[. . .]
Q.  And you realize that we’re here about Eddie Lee Howard’s convictions?
A. Okay.
Q. Well, I’m telling you that it’s about Eddie Lee Howard. Do you remember the Eddie Lee Howard case?
A. No.
[. . .]
Q. Dr. West, I’m just going to ask you to flip through this or to take your time with it and just refresh your recollection about the testimony that you gave in this case.
A: I was never more familiar with the case than when I testified on it.
Q. So you feel —
A. I feel comfortable with the testimony that I gave at that point in time, I still stand.
Q. Okay. But you haven’t actually looked at that testimony, though, right?
A. I stand on my testimony.
Q. You stand on it, I understand. But I’m just asking you, did you actually look at it?
A. No.
Q. No. And have you looked at it since 1992?
A. No.
Q. You said earlier that you don’t remember what you testified to. But you’re saying that you stand by whatever it was?
A. Yes.
Q. But you don’t know exactly what it is?
A. No.
Read on  for further insights into the bizarre psyche of Dr. Michael West - and insights into the justice system that permitted hum to thrive. Bravo Radley.

Harold Levy: Publisher: The Charles Smith Blog;