Thursday, September 3, 2015

Bulletin: Kelli Jacobsen: Washington; "Sentenced to 4.5 Years in Death of Richland One Year Old." ..." Former nanny spoke on her behalf and maintained her innocence. "I did not do this," Jacobsen said. "I wish I knew what happened to Ryder. But I did not do this." NBC;

"It was a dramatic and emotional day in court as a judge sentenced Kelli Jacobsen to more than four years in prison for her role in the death of 1-year-old Ryder Morrison.  It was an extremely emotional scene as, family members, friends and other supporters were there in support of the victim Ryder Morrison and the nanny who is convicted of causing his death, Kelli Jacobsen. .........Supporters of Jacobsen spoke their mind as well.  "I know in my heart of hearts that she would never harm or neglect a child in any way shape or form," Nick Johnson said.  "And clearly, clearly she is not some sort of monster," a friend of Kelli's said.  Jacobsen spoke on her behalf and maintained her innocence.  "I did not do this," Jacobsen said. "I wish I knew what happened to Ryder. But I did not do this." After all the testimony, the judge sentenced her to four and a half years behind bars, with a year and a half of community custody when she gets out. Applause broke out when the judge announced that her sentence would start immediately. Some called out in support of Jacobsen when she was taken away."
http://www.nbcrightnow.com/story/29957210/kelli-jacobsen-sentenced-to-45-years-in-death-of-richland-one-year-old