Thursday, June 25, 2015

Bulletin: Anthony Graves; Texas; Extraordinary development; This man who spent almost 20 years in prison - including 12 on death row - for murders he did not commit will now help oversee the city of Houston's Forensic Science Centre. "Graves said he can bring an unique insight to the world of police forensic sciences. "I bring a different perspective. I've experienced the total failure of our system from top to bottom," he said." (From the 'who would believe' department. HL); Houston Chronicle.

A man who spent almost 20 years in prison - including 12 on death row - for murders he did not commit will now help oversee the city of Houston's new crime lab. On Wednesday, Anthony Graves was appointed to the board of the Houston Forensic Science Center. "I'm excited about the honor and I'm excited about the opportunity (Houston Mayor Anise Parker) gave me to represent the citizens," Graves said. The center provides forensic services, such as firearms testing and fingerprint analysis, to the Houston Police Department and other agencies. It was established in 2012 and last year took over the crime lab role from HPD. Graves said he can bring an unique insight to the world of police forensic sciences. "I bring a different perspective. I've experienced the total failure of our system from top to bottom," he said..........